A significant part of the infrastructure of each of the 9 Azores islands and island groups is the port, which serves not only as a key transport hub but also as a concentration of most of the interesting sights. In each of the ports of the Azores archipelago you can take a ferry that will take you on a fascinating journey.
What is the most important part of the infrastructure of each of the nine Azores islands and groups of islands.
What can the Azores surprise you with?
To better understand how unique the archipelago of the Azores is, we should elaborate on each of them:
- First in line – Santa Maria. It is a picturesque resort with its snow-white beaches, its impressive vineyards on natural slopes and its beautiful architecture.
- Further on comes San Miguel – a large island with a modern port and two fascinating lakes, which are heated by the volcanic heat from the bowels of the earth.
- The central group of the archipelago is formed by several islands – Terseira, Pico, Graciosa, Fayal and San Jorge. First of all they are interesting with the abundance of opportunities for interesting marine tourism.
- Travelers are offered a variety of routes through the most colorful parts of the archipelago.
- Ferries are carried out on modern comfortable ferry, equipped with the latest technology. During the voyage vacationers will be able to see whales and dolphins up close.
You can use our website to explore the routes and schedules of the ferries that run between the islands.